Miller Lake Community Group
The Miller Lake Community Group is an Ontario incorporated (#1284695) non-profit association designed to represent and provide a forum for the landowners on and around Miller Lake.
The Objectives of the corporation are:
- Promote the interests of the members before Municipal and Provincial boards, councils, tribunals and commissions, with respect to zoning, development, taxes, services and such other matters that may affect the interests of the membership.
- To provide social and recreational activities for the membership.
In the past we have:
- been instrumental in bringing telephone service to the entire lake community
- assisted in improving fishing habitat around the lake
- constructed a dam to control fluctuations on the lake water levels
- erected bulletin boards at public access points
- paid annual fees to the Federation of Ontario Cottage Association Inc. (FOCA) for membership
- made representation on your behalf to hearings regarding the new quarry just south of Miller Lake
- collected samples for annual lake water quality testing (see Lake Stewardship)
- had hydro rates reduced around the lake (1999)
- organized an Adopt-a-Road program around the lake (2008)
- held annual meetings to all members to bring forward questions and concerns for all to consider. These meetings are regularly attended by the North Bruce Penninsula Mayor who will discuss any local municipal concerns with us and keep our association appraised of local issues.
In light of recent events with provincial government changes to taxation and responsibilities it is even more important that we all keep abreast of how these will affect us in the Miller Lake community.
We want to hear your concerns, keep you informed and provide a meeting place for all our neighbours.
Your enjoyment (hunting, fishing, swimming, hiking and other activities on and around the lake) is of mutual concern to many others and we ask if you are not part of our association that you join us and meet some new friends.
Miller Lake Community Group Executive (2015 - 2016)
President - Anna Pellizzari
Vice-President - Sandra Ogilvie
Treasurer - Randy Gulliver
Secretary - Keith McKee
Lake Steward - Dave Dolson
Membership Co-ordinator - Sandra Ogilvie
Past Presidents - Bob Beccarea, Maggie Vaivods
Advisors - Mark Thompson, Paul Mundy
Web site - Randy Gulliver
To join the Miller Lake Community Group, you can CLICK AND PRINT this form.
Membership dues are a measly $20 per year.
OR you can send an eTransfer to either President Anna Pellizzari, or Treasurer Randy Gulliver. Use the password MILLERLAKE